Award of the State Duma of Tomsk Oblast to Young Scientists and Gifted Youth.
Pin Mercy and Charity
||Date of establishment: 2003
Aim:Development of scientific potential of Tomsk Oblast through creative activity of young scientists and students. The title Laureate of the Award of the State Duma of Tomsk Oblast is conferred to:
1. Young scientists for fundamental research work which significantly contributes to the development of science, and for design and development of hi-tech equipment, materials and technologies of new generation which accelerate the rate of economy growth and enhance its effectiveness, as well as strengthen the defense potential of the country.
2.Gifted youth for excellent academic record, good performance in student contests, involvement in research activity. There are 15 annual awards to young scientists and students and 10 annual awards to the gifted youth. Competition profiles: natural sciences, technical sciences and humanities.
Age of participants: up to 33
Type of award: a winner receives a monetary award and the Certificate of Honor of the State Duma of Tomsk Oblast.
(Laureates of the Tomsk Oblast State Duma Award 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011)
Certificate of Honor of the State Duma of Tomsk Oblast
||Date of establishment: 2005
Aim: Encouragement and moral stimulation of natural persons and legal entities for active assistance to budgetary institutions in education, culture, public health and physical culture through development of their material and technical basis, as well as for providing material and other support to low-income and underpaid employees and to pensioners of all types of institutions and enterprises.
Types of activity eligible for the award:
Since 2005, these Pins have been granted to about 30 people, including citizens of the Great Britain and the USA.
- continuous and active financial, material and other assistance to budgetary institutions in education, culture, public health and physical culture;
- substantial material support to individual citizens in need and to students of educational institutions;
- material and other support to low-income, underpaid and retired employees of all types of institutions and enterprises;
- repeated gratuitous aid to educational institutions for children: infant schools, full-time schools, institutions for extended education).
Youth contest of compositions on the subject "If I were a deputy..."
Date of establishment
||Date of establishment: 2001
Aim:To award citizens and organizations for major achievements in their professional and public activity in resolving problems which are socially important for the population of Tomsk Oblast.
The Certificate of Honor can be granted to the citizens of the Russian Federation, foreign citizens, organizations registered in the territory of the Russian Federation, and foreign organizations.
:To form legal and civil culture of the youth, enhance creative potential and stimulate initiative among young people; get the youth involved in the work of federal and local authorities and legislative activity in Tomsk Oblast.
Participants in the contest: citizens under 25 years of age who reside in Tomsk Oblast.
In the competition the following projects are evaluated taking into account a Participant’s place of study (work):
- composition on the subject “ If I were a deputy…”, and a project on improving living conditions of the people in the municipal formation, where the contest participant lives;
- research project on what a deputy should be occupied with, and a project, focused on improving living conditions of the people in Tomsk Oblast.
The winners receive Certificates of Honor and monetary awards and are invited to an excursion to the State Duma of Tomsk Oblast and a meeting with its Chairman.
FAMILY READING - the regional contest for the best reading family of Tomsk Oblast
Date of establishment
: to increase the role of libraries in the society as well as and the status of books; organization of cultural leisure activity by means of development of family reading tradition, reveal and reward of the most active and creative families.
Following the results of the Contest we identify the families occupying the leading, second and third positions, as well as 20 reading families in the following nominations: A Book in my House, Family Reading, Our Family Library Card, Books Have Their Home - Library
The contestants are married couples with children living in Tomsk Oblast, who are the library readers taking active part in all the library events and activities.
The evaluation criteria of the reading families:
- Family reading experience in the library;
- Number of books read by a family;
- Family participation in the library activities: contests, festivals and other events;
- Library sponsoring;
- Number of families drawn in to the library;
- Diversity of the family reading preferences;
- Creative works devoted to a book and family reading.
A special Contest Committee was established to pick out the winner and nominees of the Contest. This Committee involves the Chairman of the Tomsk Oblast State Duma Labor and Social Policy Committee, Tomsk Oblast State Duma Deputies, experts of the executive bodies, representatives of organizations, including the non-profit ones.
Family Reading Awards Ceremony: 2008